Chamber accepting apps for Margaret Starkey Scholarship
Some of the 2014 Margaret Starkey Scholarship winners.
Do you have an outstanding employee who is also attending college or technical school? If so, the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation invites you to nominate that individual for the 2015 Margaret Starkey Scholarship. Margaret Starkey was Executive Assistant with the chamber for 31 years until her retirement in 1987. She passed away in 2002.
The Foundation will award a total of up to $15,000 in scholarships to worthy students who are nominated by their employers. Those selected will best exemplify Mrs. Starkey’s outstanding qualities of dedication, enthusiasm, community service and attention to detail. Mrs. Starkey also achieved success despite obstacles in her life.
The goal of the scholarship is to assist outstanding non-traditional students who are advancing their education while working. If you wish to honor such a student who works for you, please complete the following 2014 application and return it to the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation before May 15, 2015.
– The nominee must have been employed with the nominating company since at least September 2014. The nominating company must be located within Livingston County.
– There are no age limits on the Margaret Starkey Scholarship.
– The nominee may be a college or technical school student.
– If the nominee is a high school student, he or she must have plans to attend college or technical school in the fall of 2015.
– The nominee must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
– Nominees cannot be related to the business owner or managerial staff.
– There is no limit to the number of nominees per business.
– Applications must be received no later than May 15, 2015.
– The committee will review all applications. Follow up telephone calls may be made to nominating businesses for further information.
– Winners will be announced by June 15, 2015.
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION BY CLICKING HERE.
If you’re interested in learning more about making a tax-deductible contribution to the scholarship fund, contact Pat Convery at 517.546.3920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.