Learn to get the most from your smart phone at April 9 Lunch & Learn
If you don’t have a tech-savvy teen on call to help you with your smart phone, you’ll want to attend “Be as smart as your Smart Phone: Tips, tricks and techniques on getting the most from your mobile device,” with Shawn LaChance and Alex Benedict from the Wireless Zone.Topics covered include:
• Protecting your device: cases, covers, screen covers, etc. What’s a “must” what’s not.
• Phone security—guarding your identity
• Backing up your data
• Connecting your phone to your work email and other resources
• Battery life—how to extend it
• How to use wi-fi to reduce your data use
• Skype and Face time
• Camera tricks
• Best apps for work life, organization, improving productivity
• iPhone vs. Android vs. Windows
• Should I ever turn off the phone? How often should I charge it? Should I let it run down to zero battery or will that hurt it?
• Plus, lots of questions from the audienceThe program is set for 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, at the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation Building, 123 E. Washington St. in downtown Howell.Registration is $20 and includes lunch and all materials. You can register online by clicking here
, or by calling the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce at 517.546.3920.