We’re Howell. We love hot-air balloons.
In mid-April, social media lit up with photos of hot-air balloons flying over Howell.
“They’re back!” “First one of the season!” “I never get tired of seeing a balloon!” were just a few of the comments online.
Let’s put it this way: We’re Howell. We love hot-air balloons.
And we particularly love the Michigan Challenge Balloonfest. One weekend a year to celebrate all that is ballooning—and so much more.
For the 32nd year, the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce is proud to once again host this spectacular event which welcomes thousands to our city and school campus.
During that weekend, we invite you out to the beautiful Howell High School Complex to experience three days of high-flying fun and excitement.
The gorgeous hot-air balloons are the centerpiece of the Michigan Challenge Balloonfest weekend. In addition to being mesmerized as these beautiful balloons take flight, stick around on Saturday as darkness falls for the jaw-dropping balloon glow.
Other don’t-miss attractions:
• Get your photo taken in a balloon basket at the Citizens Insurance Family Fun Tent and even try to hit the target with a competition baggie.
• Meet the balloon pilots and get their autographs in a meet-and-greet signature line on Saturday.
• Bring the kids to the Ann Arbor Symphony’s unique Instrument Petting Zoo, sponsored by Comerica, on Saturday and make some music.
• Ooh and aah to the spectacular MediLodge Fireworks show on Friday at dark.
• Listen to the Livingston Sensation competition on Sunday afternoon at the balloonfest main stage.
• Try your hand at Paint and Pour, and bring home an original work of art.
• Be dazzled by stunt kites, sponsored by Meijer, and the Renewal by Andersen Skydivers.
• Buy a treasure in the Arts Festival, sponsored by Champion Automotive Group.
• Laugh like a kid while riding one of the super spectacular rides at the Wade Show Carnival.
• Brighton Harley-Davidson adds some excitement with its motorcycle simulator
We are pleased and proud to welcome back Lake Trust Credit Union as the Major Sponsor of the Michigan Challenge Balloonfest. Make sure you stop by and see Lake Trust Credit Union at the event.
Balloonfest is a true partnership among all those involved – businesses, volunteers, the chamber and the community. We’d like to thank all the members of the balloonfest committee, who started working on this year’s event the moment the last balloon landed in 2015.
Also key to the success of the balloonfest is the help and cooperation of the Howell Public Schools and the City of Howell, as well as the sponsors who partner with the Howell chamber on this event. We could not do it without them.
The Michigan Challenge Balloonfest is but one part of the Howell chamber’s mission to “be a catalyst for a vital business environment and an exceptional community.” Put June 24, 25 and 26 on your calendar. We can’t wait to welcome you.
Chairman of the Board